Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Davao foodtrip first part: Pastillan sa Ponce

I asked my friend Kim if she can go with me on a foodtrip around Davao.
Our first stop is Pastillan sa Ponce which is near Ateneo de Davao.
Of course, UP's Mang Larry still comes to my mind when we're talking about Isaw.
But I have to try this Pastel!  Nooo, this isn't the yummy buns from Camiguin. These are in fact, chicken innards that are cooked pretty much like adobo which you have as a rice topping.



There are tables and chairs that are set up outside and inside. We stayed inside the Pastillan though boy, it was extremely hot!


The Pastel is great, it's goes perfect with rice.  The isaw however, is just okay. I guess having the tastebuds of a UP isaw eater makes it difficult for me to forget Mang Larry's goodies.  There is one isaw that I really like though which is from Marikina. It is 10 pesos per stick, a bit pricey. I'll tell you more about it next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Janice. Nice blog. I especially like the resturants you posted. The foods looks really good. I love food trips. I look forward to doing lots of them on my next visit to the Phils. I haven't been there for 6 years now. I am also very impressed by by the number of cities and countries you have visited. I try to travel at least twice a year here in Canada so far I've only seen 4 out of the provinces in Canada and two cities/towns in each province. I hope we can see each other on my next visit to the Phils or if you ever come to Canada contact me. Tanya

    ReplyDelete