Thursday, October 20, 2011

How I got my Japan Visa without an ITR

It has been a year since I have written on this blog. I just want to introduce myself again.
My name is Ikeng and I'm currently living in Cagayan de Oro. At this time, I am helping in my father's business but I'm a tour organizer by profession.

I would like to share with you guys, how I was able to get my Japan visa. For Filipinos, getting a Japan visa is proven to be a difficult task. This is because of the previous anomalies involving the illegal recruitment of Filipinas as entertainers. I really do not have anything against that profession because I know times are tough and people resort to different things when they have no money. However, it has tarnished the image of Filipinos in general that we will possibly become illegal aliens or  TNT (tago ng tago) once we set foot in Japan. Because of that, the Japanese Embassy has become stricter in processing VISAs.

Anyway, when I was still studying in UP as a Masters student, I became friends with two amazing Japanese girls. I might have included some of their pictures on the previous posts. These two friends gave me an invitation to go to Japan. Along with the invitation, they sent their residence certificate. Please check out the Japan Embassy site to get all the requirements.

Although they have provided me the invitation, both of them are not my guarantors. Of course, it is given that they will accommodate me in Japan. But the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Japan said that I need not get any documentation regarding my friend's financial status even if they accommodate me. I think it's only needed when if they have purchased the tickets for me.

I do not have my own ITR so I have used my mother's ITR and made a letter to the Ambassador that my mother will pay for my expenses. I think that worked because 2 days after I sent my papers (via Friendship tours, Makati), they have already gave me the VISA. I got a 15 day visa and now planning for the trip of my dreams!

Hope this helps any Filipino traveler who wants to go to Japan.





No comments:

Post a Comment