Monday, February 15, 2010

How I spent my Valentine's day


For the last three years, I have always had someone special to celebrate valentine's day with.  This is the first time again that I'm single and well, celebrating Valentine's day with my friends. Although there is nothing terrible with that idea, of course I cannot help but feel a little jaded with all the consumerism that is being attached to this day. I think that's how all single girls must feel hehehe.  Nonetheless, I still celebrated Valentine's day with a red shirt :) I actually did it for luck, since this year, the Chinese New Year and Valentine's falls on the same day.                                       

Every year, UP holds their annual fair where the biggest bands in the country converge for a weeklong long celebration.
It's certainly an event not to be missed. I invited Mon, a Dire Husi artisan from Cagayan de Oro to visit Manila.  Nope, I am NOT his date. Mon is really a nice guy but our relationship with each other is extremely platonic and truth is, that is all i'm wishing for.

Crazy as it sounds, I actually played Cupid for him. There's this one girl that I asked to be his textmate. They did meet at the fair and it was really fun seeing them together.

On heart's day, Mon and I visited my community in Banaba wherein he had performed his magic tricks for the kids of Buklod ng Kabataan. Afterwards, we headed to Taco Bell where I treated Mon for a big burrito. We also visited Cubao Expo where I showed him the shops where we can sell the DH crafts. After that, we went to UP again to watch the bands. 

Some thoughts that crossed my mind that day.

If the X and I were still together...

1. I wouldn't have met the Dire Husi Artisans
2. I wouldn't have gone to Cagayan de Oro in the first place
3. I wouldn't have participated in the Buklod ng Kabataan Valentine's party

And if I missed out on these things, I think I would be a very sorry lass. There are moments to be thankful for and not to be bitter about. When something terrible happens, you have to see the whole picture and just deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment